NYSC WITH ALICE ©Tomisin E. AdebisiEPISODE 51 (Not edited)

NYSC WITH ALICE 
©Tomisin E. Adebisi

EPISODE 51 (Not edited)

Barrister Kemi, the prosecuting counsel started,
"My Lord, I would like to call my first witness to the witness box"

"You may go ahead,"

"Mr. Israel, come forward to the witness box,"

The clerk came forward and put Israel under an oath.

"Mr. Israel, what information do you have for this honourable court?"

"At around 8 p.m. on the 21st of July, I was on my bike doing my business when Miss Tola boarded my bike and told me to take her to Geila school. We waited at a place where we could have a good view of who goes in and comes out of the school. A few moments later, Mr Ryan came out with Alice and they both entered into his car and we followed, on getting to the house, she went in with the girl and the next thing I heard was the noise of the young girl. Miss Tola went to locate the window of the room and recorded their voice," Israel explained

"Objection my lord," Barrister Joshua the defence counsel stood up

"Objection sustained," The judge answered, and the prosecuting council took her seat.

"Thank you, my lord," The defence counsel said,
"We already talked about this the last time, Mr Ryan only took Alice to the hospital," 

"That house doesn't look like a hospital, it was built at the outskirts of the city, I think it's mainly built for the purpose of sleeping with school girls because there are very few houses in that area," Israel said.
"And I do not see doctors and nurses coming out of the so-called hospital," Israel said giving the defence council a hard stare.

"My lord, I think my colleague is only trying to gather unnecessary witnesses and evidence just to nail my client, because that house doesn't belong to my client, so I beg you to please look into this matter carefully," Barrister Joshua took his seat.

The prosecuting counsel stood up,
"My lord, I have three exhibits I wish to tender before this honourable court,"

"You may go ahead,"

"Thank you, My Lord"

She played the voice note Tola recorded the night she followed Ryan on Israel's bike,
Then she played Mary's voice she recorded on the day Mary and Tola came to her office.

"Ah!" Everyone shouted after listening to Mary's voice.

"Order!" The court clerk shouted

Then the last audio was the voice of Mrs. Edward, Adewale recorded when he went to plead for the release of his daughter.

"My Lord with this few evidences I have been able to provide to this honourable court, I think I have enough proof that Mr Ryan and his cohorts are guilty as charged and I plead with you that you give a fair judgment. I rest my case," She took her seat,

The Defence counsel stood up
"My Lord at this point, I will plead with this honourable court to please temper justice with mercy, I rest my case," He said and took his seat

"Having heard from the two counsel," The judge stated, 
"This court finds you, Mr Ryan Mr Anim and Miss Tola guilty of the charges filed against you. This is my judgment- you are hereby sentenced to 16 years imprisonment with hard labour,"

"Mrs Edward, you are supposed to be a role model to many, but instead you choose to be the opposite by aiding and abetting a criminal act, you are hereby sentenced to 7 years imprisonment with hard labour, Let the court rise,"

"As your Lordship pleases," The counsel said

"Court!"

Everyone stood up, and the judge entered into his chamber. The counsels shook hands with each other, while the culprits were taken out with the Pressmen already waiting for them outside.

Tola embraced her Dad, Alice, Mary and a few other students embraced one another, it was fair judgment to them all.

"Any regrets sir," A journalist asked Ryan,

"Yeah, A lot. 16 years from now is a long time. I hope I'm still alive by then. if I come out alive, I will do better. if not, in my next life I will choose a better mother!" Ryan said as tears dropped from his eyes.

Tola pitied him on hearing his words,
"Miss Tola keep on the good work, you will make a good mother and a great woman in this nation," He said looking at Tola.

"What advice do you have for our people?" The Journalist asked,

"I will advise our youths to take life easy if today is yours, use it wisely 'cause tomorrow might not be yours and the owner of time will always ask you. 
And I plead with parents to please train their children, my parents never scolded me, so I thought everything I was doing was right, but after everything I have, I'm about to be locked in prison for 16 years," Ryan wept.

"Thank you, Mr Ryan," The Journalist said and moved away from him.

*******                 *******                 *******                 
              
Israel got to Mr Adewale's room, and greeted him, Adewale had invited him the previous day

"You are welcome my dear" Adewale answered "Thanks so much for yesterday"

"It's nothing, sir, I'm only doing my duty, that girl could be my sister." Isreal smiled 

"You are a good man, only good people think that way" Adewale smiled 

"Your daughter gave me the drive sir, she's a hero, even after she was kidnapped, she still went on with the case, she's a great woman" Israel smiled.

"Thank you." Adewale smiled. "Let's go straight to today's business."

"Ok sir"

"The main reason why I invited you here," Adewale started, "Tola told me you are a University graduate?"

"Oh! That? Yes sir" Israel smiled

"She said you graduated with first class in Mechanical Engineering?" 

"That's true sir" He smiled 

"And you ride a bike with that?"

"The country is not smiling sir, and man has to survive" He said still maintaining his smile.

"Hmmm...Israel," Adewale called. 

"Yes sir"

"I just opened an Engineering company and School, here in Lagos. We run a company and also train new Engineers"

"Wow! That's a great project" Israel said impressed.

"I've been thinking of who to head that company for months now, Then Tola recommended you, she said you were once a teacher, and you also have apprentices at your mechanical workshop so with all these experiences put together, you would be able to manage the company," Adewale said. Israel was mute for some time.

"If I  get you, sir, you want me to manage your company here in Lagos?" He asked with his eyes wide open.

"Yes," Adewale smiled.

"Jesus!" He screamed. He prostrated flat before Adewale, holding his leg with tears in his eyes.

"Thank you, sir! God bless you, sir"

"It's okay, stand up son, you are welcome," 

"Let me remain like this sir you don't know what I've been through Israel cried

"It's okay, stand up" Adewale smiled

"Miss Tola, Thanks for recommending me, Thank you, God bless you"

"Amen," Tola smiled

"Ah! Jesus! Is this how you work?" Israel said facing the sky 
"Thank you, Jesus!" He screamed.

To be continued...
I'm sorry for posting late, please forgive me🙏

Holy Spirit's inspiration 
#nyscwithalice 

©Tomisin E. Adebisi 

Court languages edited by: Barrister Victoria Olutimehin 


Like, comment, and share, but please do not edit the author's credit.


Stay blessed
Much Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1"ONCE UPON A TIME"

PART 12"ONCE UPON A TIME"

Biography of Herbert Wigwe: Age, Career, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Parent, Siblings, Access Bank, Instagram, Death