NYSC WITH ALICE ©Tomisin E. AdebisiEPISODE 70 [Final Episode] (Not edited)

NYSC WITH ALICE 
©Tomisin E. Adebisi

EPISODE 70 [Final Episode] (Not edited) 

It's Saturday, everyone is seated in the hall where Madam Pat's send-forth party was held.

Isaac, Rachael and Aduke, Tola's grandparents were all seated. 

Dave, Tola's fiancee was also around. He had completed his Masters and had returned to Nigeria two days before the party.

Alice sat beside Tola, she was having a great time.

Nike also came around to celebrate with Adewale, other families and friends had all come and they all sat at different tables.

The MC cracked some jokes and everyone laughed. Then he told everyone to stand up to welcome the celebrant Everyone stood up as Madam Pat danced in with Tola, her sales girls, her friends, and some of the women in her church.

After she had taken her seat, 
"I will be inviting some people to say something about our Mummy," The MC said "The first person is Grandma Racheal Isaac-Adekunle," He said and everyone clapped as Rachel, Tola's maternal grandmother walked slowly to the stage.

"She's the sister I never had," She started "She is everything you would ask for in a woman, I blessed the day I met her," Then she faced Madam Pat, "Thanks for everything, I love you," She returned the microphone to the MC and everyone clapped.

"Thank you mummy, the next person on the list is Sister Seyi," 

Seyi was Madam Pat's employee, 
"Mummy is a mother to everyone, you wouldn't even know I'm her employee when you see us together, she relates with us like we are her children. Thank you for everything mummy, the motherly advice, the prayers, we will forever be grateful.," She said and everyone clapped,

"The next person is Mrs Olatunji,"

Mrs Olatunji was Madam Pat's spiritual daughter, she walked to the stage with four children,
"Mummy is an intercessor," She started "I remembered when I moved to this area, I had been married for eight years with no fruit of the womb. 
One day, I was coming back home with mummy from the women's meeting in church when we got talking and I told her about my problems and she asked me why I hadn't told her all this while. Then she asked me which day of the week will I be available for prayers. To cut a long story short, we started praying every night. After two months of consistent prayers, I took in...," She was interrupted by a loud joyful noise of 'Halleluyah'.

"And exactly on my ninth wedding anniversary, my bundle of joys arrived. God did not give me one, He didn't give me two, He didn't give me three, He gave me four. They are quadruplets, two boys and two girls and they are here with me," She said with tears in her eyes.

Everyone in the Hall stood up and screamed for joy. 

"Meeting mummy is a big blessing, I thank God for meeting you ma, thank you, mummy, God bless you. I will miss you so much," She said and returned the microphone to the MC.

"Wow! This is a big testimony. Congratulations ma. May the Lord keep them, they will continue to grow in God's grace in Jesus' name," He said 

"Amen!" Everyone chorused.

"Now the last person on the list is Pastor (Mrs) James,"

"Just like the last woman that spoke said. Mummy is an intercessor, she takes people's problems like it's hers. She's a cheerful giver, and she's accommodating and above all, she loves God. Thank you for all you do for God's kingdom ma, you will not lose your wonder in Jesus' name and you will not miss your reward in Jesus' name," She said 

"Amen!" Everyone chorused.

Tola had arranged for some teenagers in the church to mimic Madam Pat at the program, they acted like her, while everyone laughed. Some children came to sing for her and they also did choreography.

"Mummy, what would you like to tell the people," The M.C. asked Madam Pat.

She stood up,
"First of all, I thank God for everything, I thank him for the privilege to be here today. I say a big thank you to my boss turned family, Grandpa Isaac and Grandma Rachael thank you for leading me to Christ, and thank you for sending me to school. Even when I went astray and ran away from the house, you still accepted me back like the prodigal son. Thank you, Uncle and Aunty, I will forever be grateful. I bless the day I met you two," She smiled.

"Thanks to my dear Son, Adewale.  He's more than a son to me. Thanks for celebrating me today, keep being the good man you have always been, I love you. And to my baby girl Fehintola, you know big mummy loves you so much," She smiled at Tola and the latter smiled back.

"And to my dear children in diaspora, Andrew and John, and my daughter-in-loves, Morenike and Cecilia,  and my grandchildren, they are not here physically, but they are watching this program. You know mummy loves you, I've missed you so much, I can't wait to be with you.

And thanks to my employees, Seyi, Nola and others, I love you all. To everyone who has come to rejoice with me from the church, the neighbourhood etc. Thank you so much. Good things like this will not cease from your home in Jesus' name," 

"Amen!"

"I love you all," She said and dropped the microphone, everyone gave her a round of applause.

"Finally, I will invite Engineer Adewale for his vote of thanks,"

"I want to say a big thank you to Mummy, she's a great woman," He started,
"Thanks for the love, the prayer, the covering, thanks for helping me raise my baby girl. I love you, mum. Thank you so much," He said facing Madam Pat. "And Thanks to everyone that honoured our invitation, God bless you all,"

"Amen,"

"There is something I want to show everyone," He smiled. 

"Maami, Mummy, Madam Pat, Fehintola," He called looking at each one of them as he called their names. Everyone looked up and faced the stage with rapt attention.

"You all have been requesting something from me for over two decades. It's time to grant your request," Tola already guessed, she smiled.

"Nike, please step forward," He said. Nike was confused, she walked slowly to the stage.

Then he brought out a box from his pocket and faced Nike,
"I've kept this ring for over two decades, I've waited all this while to meet another virtuous woman, a befitting finger for this ring, but I found none until I met you. Nike, will you marry me?" He threw the hard question.

Nike smiled and nodded shyly as she whispered "Yes," 

Adewale wore the ring on her finger and they embraced each other happily, while the MC invited Pastor James to share the grace. 

"Dad, you couldn't even drop on a knee to propose," Tola laughed at her father as Dave her fiancee drove them home after the party.

"Dad is an elderly man, you can't expect him to drop on a knee like us," Dave smiled 

"Don't mind her, we don't do that in our own time," Adewale laughed 

"You proposed in our time, so you are supposed to do it the way it is done in our time," Tola said.

"Fehintola let me be. I've proposed already, and my wife-to-be has given me a 'Yes'," Adewale said 

"That's the most important thing," Dave grinned,

"Abi nah," Adewale smiled 

"You are not romantic johr," Tola chuckled 

"Thank you," Adewale said

"But Tola, Dad has beautiful lines," Dave said

"Yeah. That's true. I must say those are beautiful lines. My dad has always been good with words," She smiled

"At least I finally got a report from you. Thank God," He said and they laughed.

"That reminds me, David," Adewale called.

"Yes, Dad," 

"Have you made enquiries about medicine and Surgery in your school?" He asked 

"Yes, I did," Dave answered 

"So how do we apply?" Adewale answered.

"Ehm...Dad," Tola said before Dave could answer 

"Yes,"

"I no longer want to study Medicine,"

"Why?" Adewale and Dave asked in unison 

Tola exhaled on seeing the disappointment on the faces.

"Dad," She called 

"Yes,"

"Dave,"

"Yes,"

"I know you both have put so much effort into this, I'm sorry," She started 
"I discovered purpose during NYSC, so I want to walk in line with purpose. I want to go and do my Masters in Psychology or Counselling Education, so can help counsel children who are abused and assaulted, just like our wife, Aunty Nike," She paused.

"I want to have a Sexual Purity Clinic where I can teach children sex education, How to say No and also teach parents how to teach their children sex education," She smiled 

"Wow!" Dave smiled "This is beautiful,"

"This is a great dream, you have my full support," Adewale smiled 

"Thank you, daddy," Tola smiled, 

"I'm proud of you dear," Dave smiled at her. 

"Thanks, dear," She smiled back, then 
she looked at Alice and hugged her.
"Thanks for giving me my purpose," She smiled.

"I've decided to write my experience during NYSC out as a Novel," She said 

"Wow! It's going to be the best-selling book," Adewale smiled 

"Amen!"

"From the best-selling author," Dave added 

"Amen o," She laughed 

"So what would the title be!" Adewale asked 

Tola looked at Alice and smiled,

"NYSC WITH ALICE!"

THE END 

Like, comment, and share, but please do not edit the author's credit.

Thanks for following this story till this point, and thanks for your engagement, support, and prayers.

The Holy Spirit is saying something about Season 2🤔
Let's see what God will do
Watch out for Season 2!

ON THE MISSION FIELD ebook is still available 

TELL YOUR KIDS ABOUT SEX(How to teach your child sex education) is still available 

NYSC WITH ALICE ebook will be out in two weeks.


Holy Spirit's inspiration 
#nyscwithalice 

©Tomisin E. Adebisi

Stay blessed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1"ONCE UPON A TIME"

Biography of Herbert Wigwe: Age, Career, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Parent, Siblings, Access Bank, Instagram, Death

PART 12"ONCE UPON A TIME"