NYSC WITH ALICE ©Tomisin E. AdebisiEPISODE 69 (Not edited)

NYSC WITH ALICE 
©Tomisin E. Adebisi

EPISODE 69 (Not edited) 

Mr Boye, Geila school principal had just announced the completion of Tola's youth services to Geila students in the school hall. 
"Corper Tola will no longer be part of us,  we want her to stay, but we have to let her go so she can move on in life. We know that Geila school will never forget her. On behalf of the school management, we present her this little gift as a way of appreciation," He smiled and presented her with three wrapped gifts and a cash envelope, the teachers and students clapped.

"Thank you, sir. I appreciate you. I'm happy I served in this school. I will never forget Geila school, I will miss you all. Thank you very much," She smiled.
The teachers came to give her a handshake one after the other.

After the meeting, all the students gathered around Tola all hugging her at once, and some crying.

"Thanks for coming, Corper Tola. I will miss you," Mary said hugging her with tears in her eyes.

"I will miss you too my baby," Tola said.

After all the students had gone, Alice came to meet Tola.

"Corper Tola,"

"Yes dear,"

"I want to follow you home," Alice said, 

Tola looked at her confused,
"Why? What about your school?"

"I will come back next week please," She pleaded.

"Who will bring you back?" 

"I can come on my own,"

"No way," Tola said 

"Corper Tola please,"

Tola looked at her for sometimes,
"But why do you want  to follow me?"

"I just want to follow you, I want to know where you stay. I don't want to leave you, I want to be around you,"

Tola looked at her again,
"But you can't be with me forever, we both have to move on," She said, "Ok. it's fine, but I will bring you back next week because of your school," She smiled.

"Yes, Thank you ma," Alice hugged her happily.

*******            *******            *******            

Very early the next day, Tola had packed her things to leave for Ilorin, Alice had come to stay with her the day before.

Chidinma's flight will be leaving for Abuja by noon.

Kenny and Sarah would be renting an apartment together in Lagos, their bosses had retained them.

Winifred would be travelling out of the country to further her education.

Sam, Joseph and Peter also decided to stay and live as bachelors even though
Joseph's parents want him to come home, but he told them he won't be coming home, they want to apply for their Masters in Unilag.

Omoh and Richard had also planned to stay in Lagos.

Tola dragged her bag out of the room, with Sarah helping her.

"Ahn ahn, so early? Wait till tomorrow now," Kenny said.

"My Big mummy wants to relocate to the States, and dad wants to throw a party for her on Saturday and I want to spend the last few days with her before she leaves," Tola explained 

"Oh. It's fine then. I'll miss you."Kenny said and embraced her.

"I will miss you too" Tola smiled, she hugged all the ladies one after the other then she went to the guys.

"Pastor Jay" Tola smiled at Joseph.

"Mama," Joseph smiled and embraced her, "

"Thanks for helping me get a space here, this lodge is a blessing," She said.

"You're welcome dear. It was nice meeting you," He smiled 

"You too dear," She said and faced Sam
"Apostle," She smiled at him.

"Prophetess" Sam smiled back.

"Thanks for everything, I appreciate you," Sam said embracing her.

"You're welcome." Tola smiled.

 Tola embraced Peter and the rest.

Then Sarah, Kenny, Sam, Joseph and Peter saw Tola and Alice off to the park.

"Women and wahala sha" Peter started as they walked to the garage. 
"How can one human being bring three travelling bags for one year of youth service" He said and everyone laughed.

"That's ladies for you, even three days of camp meetings in church you will see them dragging heavy bags and it will be filled to the brim" Sam supported.

"Men can just carry one small school bag for a two-week program," Joseph said. 

"They will now start borrowing toothpaste, bathroom slippers, plates and spoons from the ladies," Sarah said.

"Exactly, the same ladies they have insulted for bringing too much load." Kenny supported.

"The truth is that guys don't like to carry heavy things, they only travel with clothes, but ladies like to carry everything. We love to prepare so there will be no problem. So leave us with our load, we are not complaining" Tola said.

"And it's not like it's you people who will carry the bag, look at it now, after all this load of life, you will now stand by the roadside, it's one innocent brother that will end up helping them to carry the load," Peter said and they laughed.

Then they got to the park. Sarah hugged Tola for a long time.

"Be good okay," Sarah said Tola nodded 
"My regards to daddy,"

"I will deliver your message," Tola smiled. "Thank you, everyone," She smiled and entered the bus with Alice. The bus moved and the corpers waved at her till the bus went out of sight, then they returned to the lodge.

Tola and Alice got to the Ilorin around 2 p.m., they met Madam Pat in the sitting room.

"Big Mummy!" Tola rushed to her and knelt before her giving her a tight hug.

"My baby. I have missed you," Madam Pat said hugging Tola with tears in her eyes.

"I have missed you too Mum," She smiled. "Big mummy, when I was leaving home, you were crying, now I'm back you still crying," she said wiping Madam Pat's tears. 

"Now that you are back, I want to leave home," Madam Pat said 

"It's for the best mummy," She said "Meet Alice,"

"The same Alice?" Madam Pat asked.

"Yes, ma,"

"How are you, my dear?" Madam Pat asked.

"Fine ma," Alice smiled

"Fehintola, I made your favourite," 

"My favourite?" Tola grinned "I've not eaten it since I left this house. I've missed your food, Mum." 

"Go and freshen up, while I set the table," Madam Pat said

"Nooo. Let me eat first, I will bathe later," She said and dashed off to the kitchen.

"Alright my dear," Madam Pat said as she followed Tola to the kitchen.

********* 

Adewale came home by 9 pm, Madam Pat and Alice had gone to bed.

"Daddy!" Tola ran hug to him.

"My baby," Adewale smiled. "How was your journey?" 

"It was fine sir. You came back late today,"

"Yes. Nike invited to a program in her church," He said. "So after the program, we went out,"

"Aunty Nike?" Tola said.

"Yeah," He said going into his room, Tola followed and sat on his bed.

She looked at her dad for some time. Adewale noticed the way she was looking at him was unusual,

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked 

"Hmmm... Nothing o," She smiled and looked away.

"Talk to your dad," He said sitting beside her. Tola looked at him,

"Dad,"

"Yes dear,"

"You love aunty Nike," She said 

"What?! Why do you think so?" He asked surprised.

"I don't think so, I know," Tola answered,

"What do you know about love?" He teased her 

"What?! Dad! Are you seriously asking me that question?" She asked 

"Yes. I'm asking you, answer me," He laughed.

"Well, Dad. I know a lot. I'm in love with someone, I'm engaged to be married soon and you know it," She said 

"Yeah. I know. I was just kidding," He smiled.

"So Dad, tell me the truth, I'm your daughter. Do you love her?" She asked.
"I noticed the happiness in your voice whenever you talk about her on the phone, and I can see the glow in your eyes right now,"

Adewale was silent. He smiled and relaxed on the bed.

"Awwwn...Finally! My dad is in love," Tola smiled covering her face. His silence gave her the answer.

"Why not make your intentions known to her?" She said

"Hmmm..." Adewale sighed.

"Dad, your wife is late, and Aunty Nike's husband is late too, so it's allowed biblically. And besides, you confirmed it yourself that she's a good woman and she's still very beautiful and my dad is very handsome too," She smiled. "And Dad I want you to be happy,"

"I'm happy," Adewale answered.

"I want you to be happier and I noticed you are happier with Aunty Nike, you are always happy around her, I noticed this whenever you talk about her on the phone," She paused

"Dad please, marry Aunty Nike, you have lived all your life for me just because you want to give me the best, I'm a grown-up now. Dad please," She pleaded.

"Hmmm..." He sighed "You are right Fehintola, I love Nike and I think she loves me too. I will take a bold step and propose marriage to her," He smiled 

"Yey! That's my daddy!" Tola said and threw herself at him, hugging him tightly.

"Don't choke me to death o," Adewale said and they laughed.

To be continued...
I didn't post for two days.😩
I don't know what to say right now. I'm on my knees, just tell me to stand up if you have forgiven me😔

Holy Spirit's inspiration 
# nyscwithalice 

©Tomisin E. Adebisi

Like, comment, and share, but please do not edit the author's credit.

Stay blessed
Much Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1"ONCE UPON A TIME"

Biography of Herbert Wigwe: Age, Career, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Parent, Siblings, Access Bank, Instagram, Death

PART 12"ONCE UPON A TIME"