NYSC WITH ALICE ©Tomisin E. AdebisiEPISODE 66 (Not edited)

NYSC WITH ALICE 
©Tomisin E. Adebisi

EPISODE 66 (Not edited) 

Madam Pat was watching a movie in the sitting room when her phone rang. It's an international call from her son Andrew.

"Good evening my dear," She smiled happy to hear his voice.

"Good evening, mum," 

"How are you doing?"

"I'm fine mum, and you?"

"I'm doing good my dear, how's my daughter, Morenike and the children?"

"They're fine ma, and that's why I called," Andrew said 

"Is anything the matter? I hope you are all fine," Madam Pat asked with curiosity

"We are fine to the glory of God,"

"We thank God,"

"It's just that we are missing you," He said "When are you coming over? Fehintola is now a big girl, she's already doing her youth service, she will soon go for her masters and even get married. Or you are still babysitting an adult? I want here mum, aren't you bored over there?" He asked.

"You are right, Fehintola can take care of herself now, what of my supermarket?"

"I will get someone to watch over it. I need you here mum, please,"

"Ok, my dear. I've heard you,"

"Is that a Yes?" He asked 

"Yes dear," She smiled

"Finally!" He screamed from the other end "Thank you, mum," He said happily.

"Thank you, granny! We'll be expecting you, I've missed you!" She heard Morenike, his wife's voice, they were both fond of each other.

"I've missed you too my baby," Madam Pat smiled 

"Thank you, mum. Bye, I love you," Andrew said.

"I love you too son, Bye." She said and the call ended 
"Hmmm..." She breathed heavily as she went down memory lane.

*******             *******             *******             

Mr Ashimolowo took Kenny out on a date. They had just settled down.

"Thanks for honouring my invitation, I'm happy to finally have you here," He said

"Thank you for everything, sir. And I'm sorry for the way I shouted at you at the hospital." Kenny answered.

"You have said this a million times. I understand, ok?" Mr Ashimolowo 

"Ok sir," Kenny smiled 

"I'm sorry you had to go through all that," He said and Kenny nodded.
"Those people will not go unpunished, justice will be served. I just want you to be fine okay? Life goes on,"

"Yeah. Thank you, sir," Kenny smiled.

"What would you like to have?" He asked 

"Anything you have is fine by me," She replied 

"No. I disagree. Let me call the waiter, so you can go through the menu," 

"Oh! Ok sir," She smiled. 

"Hun. This sir should stop, please. I'd like you to call me by my name," He said. "Can you call me Banjo? That's my second name,"

"Really?!" She almost screamed. 

"Yes. Is there a problem?"  He asked.

"Banjo is Sam's other name," She smiled.

Mr Ashimolowo heaved a sigh of relief, "Thank God it's positive this time," He smiled.

"Yeah," Kenny laughed "Banjo is better, I would prefer to call you that," She smiled 

"But why do I have to bear names with everyone around you?" He laughed 

"I'm surprised too," Kenny smiled

The waiter came with the menu and Kenny ordered a simple meal,

"Are you sure you are fine with that?" Banjo asked

"Yes, I'm fine," Kenny smiled.
 The waiter left and returned with their order,

"Thank you," They both said to the waiter,

"You're welcome," The waiter smiled.

"So tell me about you," He said 

"Hmmm.... Where do I start from?" She said.

"Somewhere, anywhere," He replied 

"Okay. As you already know, I'm Kenny Grace Alesanmi, The second child of a set of twins. I'm an agriculturist. I think that's all"

"Which School did you finish from?" He asked

"University of Ibadan." She replied

"That was where I did my masters. I wanted to do my B.SC there but after my first attempt and no admission, my parents didn't allow me to pick the school the second time, but because of my love for the school, I went back there for my masters," He said.

"Where did you obtain your first degree?"

"Covenant University,"

"Wow! Rich kid," Kenny said and they laughed 

"How are your parents?" He asked

"They are late?" 

"Oh! I'm sorry about that. I was wondering why didn't come to the hospital. So Sam is all you have?" he asked

"I have uncles and aunties, but let's say Sam is all I have,"

"Ok. I understand," Banjo nodded

"Now your turn," Kenny said 

"Yeah. My turn," He smiled "I'm Frank Banjo Ashimolowo, I'm an only child."

"Really?!" Kenny asked surprised.

"Yeah. My parents tried to have other children after me, but none came,"

"Well, it's obvious,"

"How?"

"You look like all these rich kids that have everything at their disposal," She said "Although, a part of you didn't look like an only child,"

"What part?" He asked

"99% of only children are always spoilt. I think you are part of the 1% that is well-trained," She replied

"Hmmm...Thank you," He smiled "All thanks to God and my parents, I think parents with one child should be the one to train their children more because when that child go astray, they have no other child to fall to," Banjo said

"Yeah. You are right. But I hope you are not mummy's boy," She asked

"What?! Far from it. When you see a mummy's boy, you will know them," He laughed

"How?"

"As we are seated here, I would have mentioned 'mummy' about fifteen times," He said and Kenny laughed

"You are right, I've met one before, and the guy is annoying," She paused. "So what's your qualification?" She asked.

"Like I said earlier, I have a B.ENG in Civil engineering,  MBA. and I'm currently doing my PhD," Banjo answered.

"Wow! That's commendable. But why MBA? Why didn't you continue in your line?" Kenny asked

"I want to do business alongside engineering, so I decided to do MBA so I can have an idea of business administration,"

"Okay that's good," Kenny smiled "So you are doing your PhD in UI?"

"No. Unilag," He replied.

"Why?"

"I just love exploring different schools, if I decide to study a new course after PhD, I will go to a different school entirely," 

"Wow!" Kenny smiled 

"Any other question?" He asked

"No, that's all for now,"

"Ok. My turn. I have some questions for you," Banjo started,

"Ok. Go ahead," Kenny answered 

"What's your purpose in life?" He asked

"Wow! Purpose," She exhaled

"Yeah," He answered 

"I'm a Music minister. I sing," She said

"Did you pray to God to reveal your purpose?" Banjo asked.

"Not really though," She answered

"What's your prayer life like? Your spiritual life generally?" He asked

"It's okay," 

"How long can you pray in a stretch?"

"One hour,"

"Ok. Who's your mentor? Do you have one?"

"I have two. Sam and Tola,"

"Okay. Do you have an accountability partner?" He asked 

"Yes. Sam"

"Ok. I want to give you an assignment. Can I?" He asked 

"Okay. Go on."

"Can you stay with God in your closet for some time and let him reveal your purpose to you? I think you are yet to discover your purpose in life," He said 
"Your purpose might not necessarily be in line with your gift, though it's important that every man uses their talent for God. You need to go to God and ask him for your purpose," Banjo said.

"Hmmm..." Kenny sighed 

"And I want you to increase your prayer time to two hours or more, you do not have to pray only in the morning and evening if you are intentional about your prayer life, you can pray for two, three, four to ten hours without knowing," He said 

"Ten hours? How?" Kenny almost screamed.

"Do you pray in tongues?" He asked 

"Yes,"

"Good. After your normal morning devotion, as you go into your daily activities, you are praying in tongues under your breath. As you do your house chores, you are praying, on your way to work you still praying under your breath, even at work you are still praying in tongues. Kenny before you know it you have prayed for over ten hours,"

"Wow!" Kenny said 

"This is I do my thing every day. When I'm going to the gym, I'm praying, at the gym, I am still praying, I pray in class, I pray at work. I pray for at least 7 hours every day. You don't have to disturb the person sitting next to you, on the bus, in class or at work, you just pray under your breath, they might not even hear you pray, just be focused, you can as well play a spiritual song or chant so as to edify your spirit and help you pray for longer hours, you can just connect it to an earphone," He paused, 
"Kenny please take things seriously, Prayer helps you build capacity in the spirit realm. Please,  I want you to be  intentional about your prayer life," 

"Hmmm...," Kenny sighed "Thank you very much. I will do as you say," 

"You're," He smiled and checked his time. "It's past 9 already, let me take you back to the Lodge.,"

"Past 9?" Kenny checked her time to confirm, then she checked her phone to see if she had missed any call but found none "Wow!"

"Is anything the problem? Are you expecting a call?" Banjo asked 

"No, I'm just surprised Sam hasn't called. He doesn't like me keeping late nights," She said surprised.

"Oh!" Banjo smiled "Maybe he trusts me with his sister," 

"Hunhun?" Kenny smiled.

"Yeah. But if I must say, you are lucky to have Sam," He smiled 

"Yeah. Thank you," 

"Thanks for coming dear, let me take you home," 

"I should be thanking you, this is different from all my previous dates," She smiled.

They got to the lodge,
"Thanks so much, dear, I will call you,"

"Ok dear, Good night," Kenny said and came down from the car.

Banjo waited till she entered the lodge, then he drove off.

To be continued on Monday...
Be intentional about your prayer life, nothing is as good as being a prayerful Christian.

Holy Spirit's inspiration 
#nyscwithalice 

©Tomisin E. Adebisi

Like, comment, and share, but please do not edit the author's credit.

Stay blessed
Much Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1"ONCE UPON A TIME"

Biography of Herbert Wigwe: Age, Career, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Parent, Siblings, Access Bank, Instagram, Death

PART 12"ONCE UPON A TIME"