NYSC WITH ALICE ©Tomisin E. AdebisiEPISODE 59 (Not edited)

NYSC WITH ALICE 
©Tomisin E. Adebisi

EPISODE 59 (Not edited) 

Geila school had just resumed after a month's holiday. Tola entered the S.S.3 class and they all screamed for joy.

"Corper Tola!"

"Good Morning everyone,"

"Good Morning ma,"

"How are you and how was your holiday?"

"We are fine, our holiday was fine too," They smiled.

She asked questions on the topics she taught in the previous term and revised with them. Then she went back to the staff room. She had barely taken her seat when she saw Alice in front of her.

"Miss Tola,"

"Yes dear, you want to see me?"

"Yes, ma,"

"Should we go out?"

"No ma, we can talk here,"

"Ok. I'm listening,"

"Miss Tola. I thought getting justice would make me fine, but even with Mr. Ryan in prison. I still do not feel okay, I feel used, I feel incomplete. What do I do?" Alice asked.

"Hmmm... That's the work of the devil," Tola started. "Alice," She called.

"Yes, ma,"

"Have you heard about Jesus,"

"Yeah. I'm a Christian and I go to church, so I know all that stuff," Alice answered.

"Do you know him? Do you have a relationship with him? Is Jesus in your life? It's not just about going to church." Tola said.

"Hun... Not really."

"You need to give your life to Christ, you need to accept him as your Lord and Saviour. There's a vacuum in your heart that only Jesus can fill, getting justice cannot fill it, Ryan being in Prison cannot fill it, only Jesus can fill it," She paused. "I told you about how I was abused as a child right?"

"Yes, you did," Alice answered.

"I was not happy even after my dad threw our driver in prison, Anytime I remember the incident, I feel sad. I felt used, I felt like seeing the man and strangling him. Especially when my friends talk about virginity, I feel like I'm not complete, it pained me, but then I met Jesus and he filled the vacuum. I'm free now, I have the joy of the Lord inside of me and I want you to feel the same way. He says in Matt.11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." She paused.

"Alice," She called 

"Yes, ma,"

"Jesus loves you, He's been waiting for you with his arms open wide to receive you. Are you ready to accept the life of Christ?" She asked.

"Yes, Miss Tola, I'm ready. I want to be free too. I'm very ready Miss Tola," Alice said in a rush.

"Now say after me; Lord Jesus, I come to you today, I'm a sinner, I confess my sins to you today, forgive me my sins, have mercy on me, write my name in the book of life. In Jesus' name, I have prayed. (Amen)" Tola said and Alice repeated.

"Congratulations on making this decision, Jesus is the best decision anyone can make, Welcome to the household of God," Tola smiled.

"Thank you ma," Alice smiled back.

"And whenever the devil reminds you of your past, remind him of your future in Christ Jesus, and remind him of his own future in Hell, he will rot in hell," Tola said.

"Hmmm... Thank you very much, Miss Tola, Thank God I met you," Alice smiled.

"I bless God that met you too," Tola smiled 

*******             *******             *******             

Adewale had returned to Ilorin he went straight to Madam Pat's supermarket and they embraced each other happily.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming? I would have prepared your favourite," Madam Pat said

"I just wanted to make it a surprise," He smiled

"We thank God for the success." She said "Seyi! Bola!" She called her sales girls

"Yes ma," They responded in unison.

"My son is back. I will be going home now, make sure you close the account and lock everywhere properly before closing," She said

"Okay ma," They answered.

"Oya, let's go home, How's Fehintola?"

"She's fine mama," Adewale smiled

They got home, gisted as they both cooked in the kitchen.

After that, they ate and talked late into the night before they retired to their respective rooms.

Adewale lay on his bed thinking about everything that happened in Lagos, just then Tola's call came in.

"Hello Daddy," Tola said from the other end.

"Hello baby," Adewale smiled

"How are you?" She smiled

"I'm fine dear, and you" 

"I'm fine too Dad, have you eaten?"

"Yes dear, mama prepared pounded yam with Efo riro," He answered

"Oh my God, I'm missing home, I've missed big Mummy's food,"

"Calm down my love, you have just three months left," he chuckled

"That sounds like three years Dad," she laughed

"The most important thing is that you're making an impact," he said

"Yeah, I thank God for that Alice even gave her life to Christ today,"

"Wow! Thank God. I'm proud of you dear, I'm happy I'm your dad," He said with all seriousness

"Thanks, Dad, I'm happy to be your daughter too, you taught me all I know today, thanks for showing me this path Dad," She smiled.
"Daddy, I just called to hear your voice I haven't prepared tomorrow's lesson note, I have to go now," she said

"Alright dear,"

"Good night Daddy, sweet dreams,"

"Good night, my baby, I love you," He smiled

"I love you too Dad," She smiled and ended the call.

Adewale rested on the bed,
"Fehintola, she reminds me so much of my wife," he smiled and flashed back to how he met Fehintola, his late wife, many years back...

To be continued...

Holy Spirit's inspiration 
#nyscwithalice 

©Tomisin E. Adebisi

Like, comment, and share, but please do not edit the author's credit.


Stay blessed
Much Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1"ONCE UPON A TIME"

PART 12"ONCE UPON A TIME"

Biography of Herbert Wigwe: Age, Career, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Parent, Siblings, Access Bank, Instagram, Death