NYSC WITH ALICE ©Tomisin E. AdebisiEPISODE 56 (Not edited)

NYSC WITH ALICE 
©Tomisin E. Adebisi

EPISODE 56 (Not edited) 

Alex got to his parents' house, the twins who were playing in the compound saw him and ran to him shouting "Daddy!"

He carried them and threw them up one after the other while the twins laughed happily.

"My loves, how are you?" he squatted before them

"Fine," they chorused.

"Where are Grandma, Grandpa, and Auntie Annie?"

"Grandma and Grandpa are inside, Auntie Annie is there?" They pointed to Annie who had already looked up from the novel she was reading when the girls shouted.

Alex walked up to Annie while the girls held his hands jumping after him

"The prodigal son is finally back home," Annie said

"And what's that supposed to mean?" He asked surprised.

"I'm just surprised you can still walk into this house," She answered.

"Why won't I? Isn't this my father's house?" He asked confused.

"Father? Wow! So you can still call him father? Interesting?" She clapped.

Alex could no longer take it, 
"Annie wait, what's the problem?" 

"Nothing o," She said looking away, "That reminds me, how's that your prostitute wife doing?"

He ignored her and faced his children,
"Let's go and meet grandma and grandpa,"

Alex went in with the twins, while Annie followed them behind. he saw his parents sitting with his aunt, Auntie Leila.

"Mum, Dad, Auntie Leila, Good afternoon,"

The trio turned in his direction but none responded.

"What's going on? Why is everyone looking  at me like a ghost?"

He went close to his mother "Mum,"

"Hey! Please, don't call me that, you lost the right to call me that a long time ago,"

"Ah! Mum, what have I done wrong?" He looked at his dad.

"Dad," Alex said going on his knees.

"Young man, please leave my house this minute," His father said 

"Can someone just tell me what's going on?" No one responded.

What have I done wrong no response

He turned to his sister,
"Annie, please talk to me,"

"I thought you walked out on me the other time," Annie answered.

"Okay, I'm sorry, please talk to me,"

"Are you telling me you don't know why everyone is angry with you?" Annie asked surprised.

"I don't, I'm serious," he turned to his aunt,
"Auntie Leila, please talk to me

"Where's that prostitute in your house?" Auntie Leila asked

"She left already, the police came to arrest at this morning," Alex answered

"Beautiful! So your new wife is a criminal?" Mrs Coker laughed

"No Mum, she's not my wife. I didn't even know how she got into my house," Alex answered

"She's not your wife and you beat your wife and sent her parking because of her, you walked your mother and your sister out of your house, your father called you and you hung up on him and told him never to call your line again. I came to your place to talk to you, you called your gateman right in my presence and ordered him never to allow me into your house again. Edwin came to talk to you, and it resulted in a big fight, that you both exchanged punches," Auntie Leila said angrily

"Leila, you have time, like you have plenty of time. Why are you answering him?" Mrs Coker said

"God sees my heart, I didn't know when all this happened. How will I hang up on my father,  how will I exchange punches with my uncle? I'm confused. Daddy, Mum, Annie, Auntie please forgive me, I didn't know when I did all that, please," He begged

"The last thing I remembered was that I argued with my wife on the night of her birthday and I saw a calabash in our wardrobe this morning,"

"Calabash!" Mrs. Coker, Annie and Auntie Leila shouted.
"If he had been contented with his wife, would he have entered into the lady's trap? It's because he was already going out with the lady, that's why she became interested in becoming this wife," Chief Coker said.

"Hmmm... True," Auntie Leila. "But all the same, uncle, big sister, he has realized his mistake, please forgive him,"

"Well, I do not have a problem with him and my wife here holds no grudge against him. He's our son, so we already forgave him a long time ago," He said and faced Alex,
"But you need to go beg your wife, and I hope she forgives you because you hurt her. The slaps, the punches, the humiliations, Thank God, I was not in Nigeria then, I would have got you arrested and told the policeman to beat you black and blue or even sue you for wife battery, and thank God her parents are not tough because I'm not sure I would allow any man treat my daughter like that," 

"I'm sorry Dad," Alex said looking down.

"Go beg your wife, Mr. Man," he said jokingly 

"Thanks, Dad," Alex smiled

"Come, my Son," He said opening his arms, Alex crawled to his front and embraced his father, then his mother, Auntie Leila and finally Annie his sister.

*******              *******              ******* 

Juliet was locked into the cell She looked around and tears ran down her face. She had just moved from her husband's mansion into this urine-smelling cell, she thought.

"Hey newbie, how far?" one of the girls in the cells greeted, Juliet didn't answer.

"If you like no answer, the boss dey feel heat, and she wants you to come fan her," The lady came again 

Juliet still did not answer,
"Are you deaf? The boss needs you,"

"Hmmm... Person dey form boss for prison when her mates are ruling in better places, yeye dey smell" Juliet laughed.

"You dey mad? Who you dey follow talk like that?" A chubby lady who is the boss stood up and came to face her

"Nah you I dey follow talk waiting you go do Juliet stood up to

"I go injure this one wey be like to toothpick o," The boss answered 

"For your mind"

"I go tear you slap o," 

"Like sey I no get hand,"

The boss slapped Juliet and she fell to the ground. The other ladies hailed her.

Juliet stood up and tried to slap her back, She held Juliet's hand, lifted her and threw her to the ground, the ladies hailed her again.

Everyone expected Juliet to stand up, but she didn't. One of the ladies went to check on her.

"E be like say this one don die o," 

"Na lie she just dey pretend, nothing do her," The boss said, then she checked Juliet,
"My God! She no dey breath again o," the boss said with fear written all over her face, then she summoned courage.

"Ladies," She called.

"Yes boss," They answered.

"Nobody touch her, wetin I talk?"

"Nobody touch her,"

She banged the cell gates and a policeman came.

"What's the problem?" he asked

"This lady fall down now now and we no know wetin do her," she answered

"Wetin you do for her?"

"Me? I know do anything nah, pesin just fall down now now,"

"Who slapped her," The policeman asked no answer.

"Nobody slap her nah, which kind question be that one?" 

"Why red mark con dey her cheeks?" he asked again, no one answered.

"I no con know that one o, she don sick before you bring her come here, you supposed they test people before you bring them come, how you carry sickler come cell?" The boss said nonchalantly.

The policeman carried Juliet out while another locked the cell gate.

To be continued...

Holy Spirit's inspiration 
#nyscwithalice 

©Tomisin E. Adebisi


Like, comment, and share, but please do not edit the author's credit

Stay blessed
Much Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1"ONCE UPON A TIME"

PART 12"ONCE UPON A TIME"

Biography of Herbert Wigwe: Age, Career, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Parent, Siblings, Access Bank, Instagram, Death