NYSC WITH ALICE ©Tomisin E. AdebisiEPISODE 61 (Not edited)

NYSC WITH ALICE 
©Tomisin E. Adebisi

EPISODE 61 (Not edited) 

"Good morning ma," Adewale prostrated to greet his mother-in-law 

"Morning my son," she responded "I called you here for a reason,"

"Okay ma,"

"Adewale,"

"Yes, ma,"

"It's been five years since your wife died,"

"Yeah... yes, ma,"

"When do you plan to take a new wife?"

"Oh! That," Adewale sighed

"Yes that," Rachel answered

"Mummy, I do not have any plans for that now, I don't want a wife for now,"

"When will you plan for it,"

"Not anytime soon, maybe in the future,"

"Why? Your wife is late, you need a woman in your life," She said
"Let me ask you a question, what of the burning desires? How do you control that? You are a young man,"

Adewale smiled, "God is helping me ma, I just want to take care of Fehintola and that's all,"

"Even Fehintola needs brothers and sisters,"

"Mummy, you know women can be dangerous. I don't want a woman to maltreat my daughter or even kill her if that happens, I won't forgive myself," he said

"Patricia is there to take care of her, don't worry about that,"

"What's if the new woman turns Madam Pat into her rival?" he asked

"Then Patricia and Fehintola will leave the house for her so you can both up a blissful home," she answered

"That's the problem, I do not want my daughter to grow up outside my home. I want her to grow under my watch, I want her to feel the love of a father, she already lost her mother. I want her to grow hope knowing me not someone introducing me to her in the future," Adewale answered

"Hmm... Adewale," Rachael called

"Yes, ma,"

"You're more than  a son-in-law to me, you are a son to me, you became a son to me since you were courting my daughter till you married her, even after her death you are still there for us, it pained me that Fehintola died early, she didn't wait to enjoy the good man she brought to us," she paused

"Adewale," she called

"Yes, Mum,"

"I want to advise you as a mother, I know how painful it is to lose a loved one, your wife is my daughter, my first fruit, you know I almost followed her when she died, because I had her after 12 years of waiting. But all the same, we still have to forget the past, forget the dead, and move on. I have moved on and I want you to do the same, I learned her picture is still on your office table and your bedside locker, it's been five years Adewale, please remove those pictures so you can heal faster," She said 

"Hmm..." Adewale sighed heavily

"Adewale," she called again

"Yes, Mumm,"

"I want you to do me a favour,"

"I'm all ears ma,"

"Promise me you'll do it,"

Adewale was silent for a few minutes,
"Mummy, you know I'll do anything for you as long as it is within my power,"

"Of course, it's within your power,"

"Okay ma,"

"I want you to go get a woman, bring her home, let's sit together with your mum and pick a date and let's go ask for her hand in marriage," Rachael said

Adewale laughed, "I knew that's what you wanted to say,"

"Dewale, it's not funny, this is not a laughing matter,"

"I'm sorry Mom,"

"Adewale, I wanted to think about this, make it a priority,"

"Okay ma, I will think about it," he said and prostrated before the elderly woman.

Adewale returned home and continued his life paying no attention to his mother-in-law's words. Madam Pat, his friends and relatives all pestered him to remarry but their words fell on deaf ears.

One day, Adewale was at work when Aduke, his mother called him that she was waiting for him at home.

"But you didn't tell me you were coming," Adewale said surprised.

"So I can't come to my son's house again," she said

"Not that Maami, but you should have called me before coming. What if I travelled? Okay. I'm coming," he said and picked up his phone and suitcase and left the office. He faced his P.A.
"I need to go home now. I will call you"

"Okay sir," The P.A. answered

He got home and saw his mother watching the television,
"Maami Ekaasan,(Good afternoon mum)" he prostrated to greet his mother.

"Kabo oko mi, (welcome my dear)" Aduke answered

"How was your journey down here,"

"My journey was very fine my dear,"

"What would you like to eat?"

"I already prepared myself something when I came in, koda motiyo baam (in fact, I'm filled to the brim). Yours is in the kitchen,"

"Wow! Thank you ma," Adewale smiled

"If only you have your wife in your house now I won't need to stress myself she

"Maami, I thought we were done talking about this wife issue. Even if I have a wife she would be at work by now Women no longer stay at home they also go out to make money," Adewale answered

"So she won't come back to cook for her mother-in-law?" She asked, "Only Fehintola can do that, Ojuolape won't do a thing like that, omo daada ni, (She's a good girl)" Aduke said.

"That's because Ojuolape is an illiterate, Fehintola was already doing her Masters before she died, you can't expect that kind of woman to sit at home and cook 24/7 when she's not a chef." He paused
"Maami, stop all this hate speech concerning Fehintola, she's already dead, let her be and I hope you didn't travel all the way from Ife down here to advertise Ojuolape to me, I won't buy it. The girl should just give up and marry someone else, age is not on her side. I know you are the one assuring her that I will marry her. Maami, I will not marry her," Adewale said.

"Iwolomo, go inside and change and stop wearing a suit in your own house," Aduke answered

"Okay, I'm coming," Adewale went inside, and to his surprise, he saw a naked woman lying on his bed with her legs wide open.

"Jesus!" He screamed.

"He tried to open the door, but someone had locked it from outside 

"Maami, please open this door," Adewale shouted, banging the door heavily

"Boda Dewale, Good afternoon sir," The lady greeted.

"Maami, what's the meaning of all this now?" Adewale shouted angrily, then he faced the lady,
"Ojuolape! Get out of my bed this minute," He shouted

"No," Ojuolaps shook her head in the negative,  "Mama said I should stay here, that this is my husband's house." She smiled

"Oh God!" Adewale moved close to her, used the duvet to wrap her body till she was fully covered, and he went to the door,  kicked it with all his might and the door gave way, then he took Ojulope by the hand and pushed her out of his house. Everything Aduke said fell on deaf ears.

"Maami, what's the meaning of that?" He asked after coming back into the house.

"Meaning of what? You refused to remarry, I did what I know best. Abi Ewa gbami lowo omo you keh (Someone should save me from this boy,)"

Adewale went into his room and locked himself till Madam Pat came back

*******              *******              *******              

Back to the present...

Adewale cried, laughed and smiled as he flashed back to his past. Then he prayed and covered himself with his duvet and slept off.

To be continued...

Holy Spirit's inspiration 
#nyscwithalice 

©Tomisin E. Adebisi


Like, comment, and share, but please do not edit the author's credit

Stay blessed
Much Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1"ONCE UPON A TIME"

PART 12"ONCE UPON A TIME"

Biography of Herbert Wigwe: Age, Career, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Parent, Siblings, Access Bank, Instagram, Death