NYSC WITH ALICE ©Tomisin E. AdebisiEPISODE 67 (Not edited)

NYSC WITH ALICE 
©Tomisin E. Adebisi

EPISODE 67 (Not edited) 

Kenny met all the corpers except Sam gisting and laughing in the sitting room, she greeted everyone and they responded.

"Where's Sam?" She asked.

"He's in the room," Joseph answered,
Kenny turned back and went to Sam's room, she knocked.

"Who's there?"

"It's me, Kenny," Sam opened the door 

"Why are you not outside with your friends?" Kenny asked the moment she entered the room

"I was asleep, I just woke up a few minutes ago," He answered.

"Are you feeling sick? You don't sleep this early," She asked checking his temperature with the back of her palm.

"No. I'm fine. You know Sarah and I have been having a vigil for three nights now and I've not had time to sleep," Sam explained 

"That's true. Are you fine now?"

"Yes," He smiled

"Have you eaten?" She came again 

"Yes ma, thank you ma,"

"What did you eat? And when did you eat it?" 

"Joseph made rice and stew and I just finished eating a few minutes before you entered,"

"Okay, sorry dear,
 
"You won't stop reminding me of Mum right?" Sam smiled.

"Just the way you remind me of Dad, or you don't know you act like him?"

"Hmmm... How was your date?" He asked 

"Very fine," She smiled,

"Tell me about him,"

"Do you know his middle name is Banjo?"

"Really?"

"Yeah,"

"Oya gist me," He said 

"I must confess of all the dates I've been going, this is different,"

"How?"

"You didn't tell me that guy is a pastor. No wonder you like him, he's acting like you,"

"How?"

"He asked  what my purpose in life is, how my prayer life is most of the things we discussed were on spiritual matters,"

"Hmm..." Sam smiled

"He gave me an assignment,"

"What assignment?" Sam asked surprised

"He asked me to pray to God to reveal His purpose for my life to me,"

"Really?"

"Yeah. And he said I should try to increase my prayer time from one hour to two,"

"Wow!"

"Yeah," Kenny smiled

"So Kenny, what do you think about him? Do you like him?" He asked

"Yes as a friend," she answered

"As a friend?" Sam asked

"Yes,"

"If he proposes marriage to you, will you say yes?" he asked

"Propose keh, he's just a friend, he didn't even ask questions relating to marriage at all," She answered.

"Hun. But just imagine he proposes, will you give him a yes?"

"Whatever you say is the final, if you say yes so it is, and if you say no so shall it be," She said

"I don't get you, I'm not going to choose for you," he said

"If I had listened to you when you warned me about Frank, would I have fallen into his trap? So at this point, any man who comes, you will be in charge. I'm not letting my emotions go first," she said

"But removed me from the picture, do you love him?" he asked

"Yes I love the fact that he loves God, he has good character, and he is a good man. But, the guy is not romantic he is too spiritual," Kenny looked away, 

Sam looked at her for some time,
"Kenny," he called

"Yes," Kenny looked at him.

"What do you want?"

"Hmm..." Kenny breathe heavily "What do want, hun,"

"You don't even know what you want," Sam looked at her with a side eye

"I do. I know what I want,"

"Okay, I'm listening. What do you want? he asked again

"I want a man like you,"

"A man like me?" Sam asked surprise 

"Yeah. A man that loves God, has good character, that cares about his loved ones and he must be romantic," She said 

"I know this guy very well, he has everything you just listed, he loves God, he has good character, and he's caring, " Sam said 

"But he's not romantic,"

"Hunhun. You prefer those guys you introduced to me in the past, that's only Shawarma and Ice cream they know how to buy for a woman, they can't add any value to your life, knowledge-wise, zero," He said 

"Ah! Sam. You have a bad mouth," She giggled 

"Let me ask you," He said, "What's your definition of being romantic?"

"Hun," She said trying to gather the right words to use 

"She doesn't even know the meaning," He said 

"I do. Stop johr,"

"Oya sorry," Sam chuckled 

"When a man is funny, can make me laugh, spend time with me, take me out, surprises, gifts, etcetera. Banjo is kind of boring, we were just talking about spiritual matters all through which is fine, I'm a Christian and I love to discuss spiritual matters, but it should be balanced, he's dealing with a physical being, not a spirit. The only time we laughed, I was the one that said something funny," She said

"if he didn't make you laugh, I'm sure he made you smile," Sam said, she looked at him and smiled 
"Kenny," He called

"Yes,"

"You want a Lawrence Oyor with a touch of Davido," He said 

"What do you mean?" She laughed "Not that, but..." She was trying to say when Sam interrupted her

"You want a perfect man," 

"No, but..." She said and Sam interrupted her again.

"My dear sister, you can't get everything you want in a man, it's not possible, you can talk to him about it. And besides that's a minor thing, you can change that aspect of him. The most important thing is that he loves God, he loves you and he has good character, the rest are just bonuses," He said 

"This guy we are talking about did not even propose marriage to me, we are just friends," Kenny answered 

"Every reasonable marriage starts from friendship," Sam said.

"Sam, wait," Kenny said.

"I'm waiting," Sam answered 

"You like Banjo, I noticed you didn't disturb me with calls today like my former date,"

"Maybe I think he's the one and because you are in safe hands," Sam said.

"You think he's one?" Kenny asked 

"Kenny, my prayer for you concerning a life partner is that God gives you a man who will not just be a husband to you, but a father, a spiritual covering, a man that you won't need any special grace to submit to, submission will come naturally. A man with good character, a purposeful man, not one that doesn't have direction. A man who brings out the potential in you and helps you fulfil God's purpose for your life. All those men you've been introducing to me, God said it's not any of them that he will bring your own man. But the day I met Mr Ashimolowo, the Lord told me he's the one," Sam answered, Kenny looked at him for a long time.

"Wow!" Kenny said.

"Yeah," Sam answered

To be continued...
I'm sorry, it's coming this late. I slept off while typing

Holy Spirit's inspiration 
#nyscwithalice 

©Tomisin E. Adebisi

Stay blessed
Much Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1"ONCE UPON A TIME"

Biography of Herbert Wigwe: Age, Career, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Parent, Siblings, Access Bank, Instagram, Death

PART 12"ONCE UPON A TIME"