NYSC WITH ALICE ©Tomisin E. AdebisiEPISODE 60 (Not edited)

NYSC WITH ALICE 
©Tomisin E. Adebisi

EPISODE 60 (Not edited) 

Adewale flashed back to how he met his wife... 

Many years back, he had just finished discussing with a friend who was the principal of a secondary school in Akure. He was on his way out with the principal seeing him off when he heard a noise on the football field, a boy had fallen and passed out on the football field. 

Some of the boys had run to get a bucket of water, they were trying to pour it on him. A female corper ran to the scene.

"Stop!" She shouted, The boys stopped.
"Everybody should stay back," She instructed.

She knelt beside the boy, raised his chin and then opened his mouth, she then placed her ear next to his mouth for a few seconds, then she placed her mouth over his and did a mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, when he didn't respond, she placed her hand on his sternum (the centre of his chest) and then performed 30 chest compression and the boy sneezed, all the students around screamed. A male teacher carried the boy to the sick bay and the students dispersed.

"Thank you Miss Fehintola, that was a good one," The principal commended her.

"Thank you, sir," The lady answered, the principal went to the sick bay.

"Hi, I'm Adewale," Adewale smiled extending his hand for a handshake.

"I'm Fehintola," She smiled back taking his handshake.

"That was a brilliant one, Adewale commented,"

"Thank you sir," She maintained her smile.

"I would like to know more than just your name," He said, "Can we talk after closing?"

"I thought you were leaving," She said.

"I will wait till you close," He smiled 

"Closing period is in two hours?" Fehintola said.

"Even if it's ten hours, I will wait," He smiled, "I will release you now, I will wait for you in the principal's office. I would love to see more of your beautiful face," He smiled.

"Alright sir," She nodded.

That had been the beginning of Adewale and Fehintola's relationship and the love grew stronger and stronger as the day went by. They introduced themselves to each other's parents, and they got married a year later.

Fehintola got pregnant a month after their wedding, and nine months later, she fell into labour. Adewale was at work when his neighbour called his office line, he drove in immediately and rushed his wife to the hospital. When the doctor tested Fehintola, he called Adewale into his office.

"Is anything the problem sir," Adewale asked.

"Mr. Adewale, your wife has an android pelvis," The doctor started.

"And what does that mean doctor," Adewale asked confused.

"Your wife's pelvis is too small for a vaginal delivery," The doctor answered.

 "I don't get you, doctor, can you be more explicit," Adewale asked, looking more confused.

"Your wife's pelvis is similar to that of a male pelvis, so she can not deliver the baby on her own, she will require a Caesarian Section," The doctor answered.

"My God!" Adewale said with his hand on his face. "Ok doctor, but please be careful with her, please,"

"We will, Mr. Adewale. You have to sign before we can go ahead," The doctor said.

"Ok, doctor,"
Adewale signed the papers with shaky hands and the doctor went to carry out the operation.

Adewale was restless, he walked around the reception praying. The doctor came in a few hours later,

"Congratulations Mr Adewale, your wife has given birth to a baby girl," The doctor smiled.

"Thank God. How's my wife?" Adewale asked.

"She's fine," The doctor smiled 

"Thank you, Jesus. Can I see her?" 

"Yes, come with me,"

"Lord. I thank you," Adewale said as he went into the theatre to see his wife.

"Ifemi," He said the moment he saw her.

"Congratulations to us," Fehintola smiled,

"How are you?" He asked concerned

"I'm fine," 

"Are you sure?" He asked. He knows Fehintola to always act fine even when she's not.

"Yes dear, I'm fine," She smiled

"Thanks for making me a father," He smiled.

"Thank God for making us parents," She smiled faintly. "Honey," She called

"Yes dear," Adewale answered 

"Please take good care of our daughter," She started. 

"We are going to take care of her together. Remember I promised to assist you with it, it's time to fulfil my promise, you know I told you I would carry her on my back and change her diapers," He smiled.

"Please teach her the way of the Lord," She said

"Honey, we will do that together, what are you saying?"

"Make sure she doesn't go astray," Fehintola continued 

"Honey, what are you saying for Christ's sake?" Adewale suddenly became scared.

"I can see the angels, they are here to take me home," She said.

"What Angels? No, you are going nowhere. We agreed to grow old together, please," Adewale said already sweating 

"I love you," She smiled and gave up the ghost.

"Honey! Honey! Honey!" He picked her hand and it dropped.
"Nooooooo!" He screamed 

The doctor and nurses rushed in,
"What's the problem?" The doctor asked.
Adewale was already on the ground crying like a child.

The doctor checked Fehintola's pulse,
"Pack her," He told a nurse. The nurse covered her with a cloth.

Fehintola was buried the next day and the newborn was carried home. Adewale named his daughter after his late wife. 

Madam Pat volunteered to take the child with her and take care of her. Adewale rejected the offer, he insisted his child must grow under his roof. Madam Pat had no choice but to move in with him.

Eight months later, Aduke, Adewale's mother invited him to her place.

"Adewale oko mi, (My dear Adewale)" She started

"Maami," He answered

"It's been eight months since your wife died and I'm yet to see another woman with you," She said 

"Maami, I'm not ready for that now,"

"You are not ready for what?" Aduke asked sitting up 

"Maami, I've not even gotten over my wife's death. Maami, the promise I made to my wife on her deathbed is to spend the rest of my life taking care of the child she left for me,"

"Ah! Mo gbe (I'm in trouble)" Aduke said with her hands in the air. "I know that girl has girl has bewitched you, and I told you not to marry her o" Aduke cried.

"Maami, shae ensukun ni? (Mum are you crying?) Maami, please respect my decision," He begged.

"Adewale joor, shanu mi, (Adewale, please, have mercy on me) Please don't do this to me, remember I had nine of you before death took eight away and I was left with only you. The day your sister died, you told me to stop crying, you promised to give me as many as possible children, but look at it, just one child and it's not even a male child," She cried 

"But it's not my fault that my wife died," He said 

"Ti iyawo baku, iyawo lanfe (when one wife dies you marry another) I can help you arrange another lady in this village Ojuolape still loves you, and she is still, single, I can't talk to her,"

"No Maami, I do not love, Ojuolape I have told you this several times without number," Adewale answered

"Wo Adewale, asheju ni love. What matters is compatibility, and I warned you severely not to marry that witch Fehintola, omo elegbe ni (She's from the spirit world)" She said
"You said you love her, she's the will of God for you. Can you see what has happened now? She left you after one child, she already told her group members that she would come back after her first child," Aduke said

"Maami, Olorun a dariji yin. (May God forgive you) What did Fehintola ever do to you? You never liked her from the first day I brought her to you, you want me to marry Ojuolape, that uncivilized idol-worshipping girl," Aduke answered.

"Adewale, when I went to my spiritualist, I heard Ojuolape will give you plenty children, and she has a long life, ko de kin shae omo elegbe, (and she's not from the spirit world)"

"Maami, I want to start going back to Ilorin," Adewale said.

"Adewale you can't go now we haven't finished our discussion Ojuolape promises to give you nine children

"Holy Spirit! Who gives birth to nine children in this century? Maami, aiye ti laju, (the world is now civilized)" Adewale almost screamed.

"Adewale, shanu mi, (Adewale, have mercy on me) Your Fehintola could not even give you a male child,"

"Maami, all children are from God male or female, I'm okay with my daughter Fehintola, I have promised to give her the best in life and I believe she will grow up to be a great woman, that girl will be better than five men put together. Maami, please respect my decision," Adewale pleaded

"So you are not going to remarry?" She asked

"I will, but that's after Fehintola has grown up to some extent," He answered.

"Ah! I would have long gone by then," She shouted.

"No Maami, you won't die, you will grow older,"

"Hmm... Okay, motigbo, (I've heard)," She said as fresh tears rolled down her face.

"Maami, please, stop crying," He said embracing his mum

Adewale returned to Ilorin and continued his life.

Five years later, Rachael his mother-in-law invited him...

To be continued...

Holy Spirit's inspiration 
#nyscwithalice 

©Tomisin E. Adebisi


Like, comment, and share, but please do not edit the author's credit.


Stay blessed
Much Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1"ONCE UPON A TIME"

PART 12"ONCE UPON A TIME"

Biography of Herbert Wigwe: Age, Career, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Parent, Siblings, Access Bank, Instagram, Death