NYSC WITH ALICE ©Tomisin E. AdebisiEPISODE 65 (Not edited)

NYSC WITH ALICE 
©Tomisin E. Adebisi

EPISODE 65 (Not edited) 

On the third night, she was in the room with Tola when she heard a knock.

"Who's there?" Tola asked

"It's me, Sam,"

Sarah's heart raced a million times. Tola looked at her and then went to open the door. I 

"Hi Tola," Sam greeted

"Good evening Sam,"

"Evening Tola, is Sarah in?" Sarah quickly picked a book and pretended as if she was reading.

"Yes, come in," Tola said opening the door.

"Thank you," Sam entered

He looked at Sarah, she concentrated on the book in her hand, even though she couldn't see anything in it, Sam knew she wasn't reading anything. Tola went out of the room so they could talk.

"Sarah, how are you?" He asked,

"I'm fine and you?" She answered

"I'm good, thank God," He answered and looked at her for some time.
"Sarah, we need to talk," He came again.

"Ok. I'm listening," She said avoiding his eyes

"You haven't come out to play with us since your birthday," He said

"I'm I'm I'm sorry," She stuttered still looking down.

"I understand you don't want to marry me, that didn't stop us from being good friends. But why are you avoiding me? You rush out every morning and come back very late every night which is unlike you,"

"I'm not avoiding you, I'm just...," She paused and exhaled.

"Ok. Sarah, I'm sorry for proposing marriage to you, I thought you loved me, I should have asked you before proposing in front of everyone. I take my proposal back, let's just imagine I never propose. Let's just be good friends as we have always been," Sam dropped and Sarah looked up at him sharply, she looked at him for some time.

"O...okay. Just friends right?" Sarah said as tears welled up in her eyes but she swallowed it. She can't imagine Sam being with another woman. Sam noticed her mood, he tried to laugh but he swallowed it.

"Yeah... Just friends," He said.

"Okay," Sarah said faking a smile, then she looked down before she knew it, her tears dropped on her bedspread, she quickly wiped it, but Sam saw it.

"Sarah, are you okay?" He said moving closer.

"Yes, I'm fine," Sarah tried to smile, then another tear dropped on Sam's hand. He looked at her and then wiped her tears.

"So you love me so much that you don't want me to die," Sam whispered. Sarah looked up sharply at him.

"Tola told you?" She asked. Sam nodded.

"Oh!" She swallowed. She looked down.

"What exactly happened?" He asked, "Tola didn't tell me much, she told me to come hear from the horse's mouth,"

Sarah was quiet,
"Sarah talk to me,"

Sarah exhaled, and then she narrated the whole story to him.

"Wow! But why didn't you tell me all this while?" He asked

"I'm sorry," 

"You never mentioned it all these years, not even by mistake," 

"I'm sorry," 

"You only told me your parents are far away in the North, you were sent to Lagos to work as a maid, and then you told me about Fred, that's all,"

"I'm sorry, I didn't know how to tell anyone, I cherish our friendship so much, I didn't want you to run away from me, so I decided to make it a secret" She said avoiding his eyes.

"Really?! Run away? Why? For what? We could have prayed about it a long time ago and passed this stage. So I knew nothing about my friend of five years, and I thought I knew you, so I was only deceiving myself," He said looking sad.

"No, you know everything about me, it's just that, please, I'm sorry," She said and burst into tears again "I didn't mean to hide it from you, I didn't just know how to tell you, I'm sorry," She cried

Sam wiped her tears and then looked at her for some time, 
"I knew you were hiding something all this while, but whenever I ask you, you tell me it's nothing, so if I didn't propose to you, this would have been a secret forever," 

"I'm sorry,"

"Is there any other thing you are hiding from me, like something you think I should know?"

"No. There's nothing,"

"Sarah, are you sure?"

"Believe me, there's nothing,"

"Ok. It's fine," He paused, "Sarah," He called 

"Yes,"

"What if those guys' deaths are just coincidence?" He asked 

"Six men, Sam? Six men's deaths cannot be coincident," She answered.

"Then we will prayerfully break this curse. If there's a man to pray, there's a God to answer. Sarah, I love you, we will fight this battle together, please," He said

"Ok," She nodded "Thank you," She whispered, 

"Sarah, I love you," He smiled, 

"I love you too, Sam," She smiled.

"So if I propose again, will you give me a yes," He asked.

"Yes," She said with delight.

"Thank you," Sam said and they embraced each other.

"I'm sorry for the childish way I acted since my birthday," She said after disengaging from the hug, happy that the last minute was a joke.

"It's fine dear, I understand. But wait..." He paused 

"What's that?" Sarah asked.

"If those men you were betrothed to in the village hadn't died, you would have been married with about 12 children by now," He chuckled 

"Sam, stop johr," She laughed.

"And there will be no Engineer Sarah," He said.

"Hmmm...." Sarah sighed 

"Some disappointments are blessings in disguise,"

"Yeah. But lives were lost, and we shouldn't rejoice at the death of someone, " 

"Yeah. But since I heard about it, I couldn't take my mind off it. That means I wouldn't have met Sarah, like this great woman sitting here would have been an illiterate married to one old man in one village, God abeg," He laughed.

"Stop johr," She laughed too 

"I thank God, for your life," 

"Hun,"

"I want you to see the positive side of this. There are some challenges we face in life that God is there with us, he makes us go through them so we can encourage people with similar cases in the future. Sometimes, He allows the devil to deal with us so we can get to that glory he has prepared for us, take Job's story for instance. 
If you had not been faced with this battle you wouldn't have been educated, and you might have not met Christ till now. He made those things happen so you could get to that glory he has prepared for you," He said 

"Hmmm... True,"

"To you then, it was a bad thing, because all your mates were married, to you child marriage was a normal thing, but God has other plans for you, so he decided to bring you out of that village," He paused and looked at her, "Maybe you can even stop child marriage in your community,"

"Eh! You want them to kill me!" She almost screamed.

"Well, it just dropped on my mind now, I think you should pray about it, They will not kill you,"

"Ok,"

"I want you to take it seriously," He placed his hand on her forehead "I release grace upon you,"

"Amen!"

Then he held her hand, "Sarah, it's late already, I need to go now, so Tola can come in, we will talk tomorrow."

"Ok," Sarah answered.

"Promise me you will come out tomorrow,"

"I promise," 

"He said,"

"Good night dear," He said 

"Good night," She answered and they embraced each other. Then Sam left.

Tola came in and Sarah gave her a hard stare,
"How was it?" Tola asked smiling.

"How was what?" Sarah asked eyeing her.

"What? Why that face? What happened" 

"Why didn't you tell me you were going to tell Sam?" Sarah asked.

"Oh, that?" Tola said itching her neck.

"Yes, that,"

"You isolated yourself from everyone for three days, I begged you to go out and talk things out with him, but you refused. I know he's not supposed to hear it from me, but that stubborn spirit inside you will not let you go out, so I decided to go myself,"

"So that's why you didn't tell me you were going to tell him," Sarah asked 

"So how was it?" Tola ignored her question 

"You know Sam now. Initially, he was angry," Sarah said.

"As expected, Sam is a principled man. It showed on his face when I told him this afternoon,"

"He was disappointed I kept it away from him all these years," 

"Hun,"

"But he said we will pray about it, that we will fight it together, He confessed his love for me," She smiled.

"Awwwn... That's so sweet," Tola said.

"He asked if I would say Yes if he proposed again. In short, we are in a relationship," She smiled 

"Wow! Congratulations," Tola embraced her, "I'm happy for you,"

"Thank you," She smiled. 

They disengaged from the hug, and then Sarah's mood changed,
"What's that?"

"Sam is not going to die right?" She asked 

"He will not die, the Lord is interested in this union, and God is not going to push His anointed into what will hurt him," Tol said, "So don't be afraid, Sam will not die, trust God,"

"Thank you," She smiled 

"You're welcome," Tola said "Sarah, something dropped on my mind just now," She said 

"What's that?"

"Something like God using you to end child marriage in your community,"

"Really?!" Sarah almost screamed, "Sam said the same thing a few minutes ago," 

"Wow!" Tola said

To be continued...
I'm sorry I couldn't post yesterday's episode, even after promising to post it. My phone went off while typing, please forgive me for my inconsistency.

Holy Spirit's inspiration 
#nyscwithalice 

©Tomisin E. Adebisi

Like, comment, and share, but please do not edit the author's credit.


Stay blessed
Much Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1"ONCE UPON A TIME"

Biography of Herbert Wigwe: Age, Career, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Parent, Siblings, Access Bank, Instagram, Death

PART 12"ONCE UPON A TIME"