NYSC WITH ALICE ©Tomisin E. AdebisiEPISODE 68 (Not edited)

NYSC WITH ALICE 
©Tomisin E. Adebisi

EPISODE 68 (Not edited) 

Kenny picked up her phone and dialled Banjo's number.

"Good morning Banjo," She said

"Morning dear, I was about to call you when your call came in," He said

"Oh! The spirit is one," He smiled

"Yeah," He smiled too

"Banjo," She called 

"Yes dear,"

"I have the answers to your assignment," Kenny said.

"Wow! That's good, let me have it,"

"The Lord said He wants to give me a Teenage ministry. I will be a counsellor to them, especially teenagers that were raped and assaulted, I will encourage them," She said.

"Good. When I gave you the assignment, I decided to join you in prayer and the Lord dropped the book of Job 19:5-6 in my mind, 
The Lord said when you were raped, he was with you. It doesn't mean it was orchestrated by God, No, it's not. Our God is good. But because of the love he has for you and the way your brother cried to him that day. He decided to show you mercy and turned the incident into a blessing for you. 
So your being raped will help you know how to encourage victims better because you know how they feel," He paused 

"Hmmm...," Kenny sighed. 

"Kenny, you are going to have an NGO, where rape victims, especially Teenagers will come, and you will help them recover, you will encourage them till they get healed, then you will lead them to Christ afterwards,"

"Wow! This is a good one, I didn't see it that way. Thank you Banjo, thank God I met you," She smiled.

"I'm grateful to God that I met you too," He smiled.

"Do you know I'm into a Teen's ministry too?" Banjo asked 

"Really?" Kenny asked surprised 

"Yes," He smiled 

"You never told me," She said 

"You never asked," He laughed at

"True. That means you will guide me since we have the same vision," 

"Of course, my dear," 

"Thank you," Kenny said 

"You're welcome dear, Ehm Kenny," He said

"Yes,"

"I told you wanted to call you," He said

"Yes," Kenny answers

"Can we see this afternoon, there is something important I want to discuss with you," He said

"Hunhum, Okay. What time? And where do we meet?"

"By 4 pm. I will come pick you,"

"Alright. But, what do you want to tell me?"

"Something very important," He smiled.

"Okay then. 4 pm," Kenny answered him

"Yeah. 4 pm," He smiled.

*******              *******              *******              

The corpers are passing out they all gathered at the state local government for the passing out parade. After everyone had collected their certificates and started taking pictures.

Sam suddenly dropped on one knee in front of Sarah, and the corpers started calling each other's attention till everyone's attention was drawn to them.

"Miss Sarah Mohammed, I've come to know you for five years, and I think the best person to spend the rest of my life with is you my perfect woman, to make my home perfect,"

"Awwwn..." Everyone around blushed

Sarah looked around she saw hundreds of corpers capturing the moment in a video, and smiling, she felt shy, she wished she had just said 'Yes' in the lodge on her birthday. She never imagined Sam would ever propose in a public place like this.

"Sarah, I know you are afraid for me, but please put that aside and give me a chance, I don't mind risking death with you I love you more for finding out you love me this much, our marriage is going to be for better for worse. I just want to have you by my side always, please do me this great favour by giving me a 'Yes'. Sarah, please marry me," Sam smiled looking into her eyes.

Sarah covered her face with her hand as tears flowed down her face.

"Awwwn..." Everyone said again.

Then she wiped her tears again and knelt in front of Sam,
"Who wouldn't say Yes?" She smiled as tears flowed again 
"This is my biggest dream coming true, it's a great privilege to be your wife, I say a capital YES, I will marry you," she said smiling and crying at the same time. 

Sam couldn't contain his joy as he wore the ring on her finger and everyone applauded them. Then they hugged each other happily as Sarah covered her face on Sam's chest and wept, she was grateful to God for giving her a man like Sam who was always ready to fight through life with her. Everyone came around to congratulate them.

"My friend is engaged," Tola embraced Sarah happily after Sam and Sarah disengaged from the hug.

Kenny dragged Sam to a seat,
"Congratulations bro," Kenny smiled.

"Thanks, dear," He smiled,

"You didn't tell me you were going to propose today,"

"I didn't tell anyone, I just wanted to surprise everyone. I'm sure Joseph and Peter will almost injure me today," He laughed.

"Naughty boy," Kenny punched him.

"Ouch, nonsense girl," He said and they laughed.

"How's Banjo?" He asked.

"He's fine," She smiled 

"How was your date yesterday?" He asked 

"Very fine," She grinned 

"What?" He asked looking at her suspiciously.

"What happened? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"This one you are grinning from ear to ear, Why am I think you want to tell me something," He said 

"That something should tell you what it is nah," Kenny laughed.

"Stop nah. Oya gist me, please nah." Sam said 

"Well, remember he came to pick me up yesterday afternoon," She asked.

"Yes," He replied 

"So he took me to a cool spot, one of the most beautiful places in Lagos,"

"Hmmm...," Sam smiled.

"What?" She glared at Sam.

"Continue nah,"

"He ordered some food and after meal, he started," She paused.

"Why did you stop now?" He asked 

"Because I'm thinking you already know what I'm about to say?"

"How nah? Did I follow you to your date? Kenny continue johr," He said too fast for Sam to believe.

"Hun hun?"

"Continue nah,"

"Okay. He said and I quote: The Bible says it's not good for a man to be alone. Matt.19:5 says; For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife. Kenny, I want to leave my parents and cleave to you." He smiled.
"Prov.18:22 also says; He who finds a wife finds a good thing, And obtains favour from the Lord. Kenny, I have found favour with God by finding my good thing in you." 
Then he brought out a beautiful box from his pocket and dropped on one knee and said. "Miss Kenny Alesanmi, I have found my good thing in you and I wish to spend the rest of my life with you, please marry me, He said," Kenny paused.

"Wow! Those are beautiful lines. What a beautiful way to propose to a woman," Sam said amazed.

"Yeah," Kenny smiled.

"So what did you tell him?" He asked 

"I can't just give him a yes nah, I wanted to do shakara small. So I told him I want to pray about it," She said.

"Women! You want to pray about what you already have an answer to?" Sam said.

"Ehn nah." She smiled 

"May God have mercy on you,"

"Amen, and you too. Well, I was kidding, I gave him a Yes ASAP" she said waving her finger at her brother to reveal the ring she had been hiding from him.

"Really?!"

"Yes. I can't afford to lose a man like Banjo. He helped me discover my purpose in life, I can now pray for longer hours without knowing. He's helping me discover the potential in me, things I don't know about myself, and above all, Banjo loves God so much and he loves me too," She smiled 

"Congratulations my dear, this is the good news I've been waiting to hear a long time ago," Sam pulled Kenny to himself and embraced her happily.

"Thanks, dear," She smiled.

"But you complained he was too spiritual,"

"I love him like that, the Bible lines he used to propose, it was unique, I wish you were there. I've told him to send me the video, I will show you later"  She smiled.

"You should have told me last night, so I could have used those beautiful lines for my Sarah," He said 

"The lines you used for your Sarah is okay, leave the Bible lines for me, it's meant for only me," She laughed 
"And besides, did you tell me you were going to propose today? I could have given you more beautiful lines. You could have used King James version, something like; Dearly beloved Sarah,  thou art highly favoured, blessed art thou amongst women..." She was still talking when Sam interrupted.
  
"She is Sarah, not Mary. I'm to propose marriage to a woman not give a message about the birth of another Saviour. Kenny, you are not Serious," Sam laughed. "I won't be surprised if she throws the ring at me,"

"No, she won't do that. Sarah is a woman of the spirit, she understands spiritual things," She laughed.

"You are not serious, Banjo's wife,"

"Thank you, Sarah's husband," She said 
"He wants me to meet his parents this weekend,"

"Hunhun? You want to start your wedding preparation?" He teased.

"Ahn ahn! Sam!,"

"Ehn nah. I know you are a big fan of early marriage. If you had your way you wanted to marry at 22. I remember very well," Sam said

"You are right, but that was then. My mindset changed already, it was this mindset that I'm already running late that made me fall into Frank's trap, if not I would be getting married to Banjo as a virgin,"

Sam wasn't interested in that conversation, so he tried to ignore it,
"Go and meet his parents on time, so we can start planning. The list I wrote for your bride price is up to two higher education notebooks,"

"Wetin happen? Just tell me you want to sell your beloved sister off," She laughed, 

"No. I'm not selling you off, it's called bride price," Sam smiled 

"Well, I am only going there to meet them. No wedding preparation is happening yet. I met Banjo just three months ago. We should at least court for a year, so we can know each other better," She said 

"Says who? No matter how long you both court, you can't know everything about your partner. Marriage will reveal some hidden things to you. That is why no one should marry outside God's will because he alone sees what we cannot see," He said 

"But I still want us to court for a year," She said.

"So that's vision 2024 right?"

"Yes. We are getting married together right?" She asked 

"Nooo. I'm a man, why the rush?"

"You are getting married to a woman, don't delay her,"

"She understands and besides, she needs to be taken care of, so I need to prepare for her and our future kids."

"Hun. You're right, but which year do you plan to settle down?"

"Let's see 2025,"

"So, it's SS 2025,"

"SS keh? No, we don't want that," 

"It's not that SS nah," She said and they laughed. "What of SarSam 2025?" 

"That's fine. Oya let me try your combination," He said 

"Ok. I'm listening,"

"KenBan 2024,"

"No. I don't like it," She laughed 

"What of KenBanj or KennyBanj?" He said.

"You have already mentioned the full names nah," She laughed "I think I like KenBanj,"

"Or KenFrank?" He said.

"That shouldn't be an option," She frowned.

Sam looked at her and noticed her mood changed, he held her,
"It's high time you accepted this name. It's your future husband's first name, you can't keep running from it. That's the name on all his documents and you can't tell him to throw his name away because of you. Or if his parents and friends come to visit and call him by that name, will you tell them not to call their son the name they gave him? 
Forget about that loser, God has vindicated you already. Can't you see it? Everything he did to you turned out to be a blessing. Kenny please, you need to accept your fiancee's name," He said 

"Hmmm...You are right. KenFrank is fine," She smiled.

"That's my girl," Sam smiled back 

"Sam," She called 

"Yes,"

"Thank you," She whispered,

He nodded, "You are welcome dear," Sam smiled 

"Thank you for not making me marry any of those men I introduced to you in the past, I didn't know God was saving the best man for me," She said.

"It's fine my dear. I have two confessions to make," He said.

"Two confessions," She asked confused,

"Yes,"

"Ok. Go on,"

"One. Banjo already told me he loved you the day you sent him out of the hospital ward. But I told him to take things easy till you fully recover,"

"Oh!"

"Yeah,"

"Ok. Second one," She asked 

Sam looked at her and smiled,
"Banjo already texted me last night that he proposed marriage to you and you gave him a Yes, I was just pulling your legs to hear the full gist," He winked and ran off before Kenny could say a word.

"What?! This guy is something else," Kenny sat laughing.

To be continued...
I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday. I tried to type, but my fingers refused. 
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.😭
I just hope you all will forgive me.

And concerning my previous post, if you have not contributed, please go back and say something. I want to know how this story has blessed you.

Only a few people have contributed. If you read a Christian story from Episodes 1 to 67 and you gained nothing, then you should stop reading, it's just a waste of time.

Holy Spirit's inspiration 
#nyscwithalice 

©Tomisin E. Adebisi

Like, comment, and share, but please do not edit the author's credit.

Stay blessed
Much Love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PART 1"ONCE UPON A TIME"

Biography of Herbert Wigwe: Age, Career, Net Worth, Wife, Children, Parent, Siblings, Access Bank, Instagram, Death

PART 12"ONCE UPON A TIME"